Here are some things that you may or may not have known about the environment.Some of them are fun but some of them are scary.
1. Recycling one aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV for three hours.
2. During the time it takes you to read this sentence, 50,000 350 ML aluminum cans are made.
3. An aluminum can may be recycled forever.
4. We consume over 80 trillion aluminum cans every year.
5. Every day, world businesses generate enough paper to circle the earth 140 times!
6. On average, ONE supermarket goes through 70,400,000 paper/poly bags per year!
7. Recycling a single day run of the India’s 2 top english and 3 top hindi newspapers would save 40,000 trees.
8. The amount of wood and paper we throw away each year is enough to heat 50,000,000 homes for 20 years.
9. Plastic bags and other plastic garbage thrown into the ocean kill as many as 1,000,000 sea creatures every year.
10. A modern glass bottle takes 4000 years or more to decompose.
11. About one-third of an average landfill is made up of packaging material.
12. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.
13. Every time you open the refrigerator door, up to 30 percent of the cold air can escape.
14. Rainforests are being cut down at the rate of 100 acres per minute.
15. The world’s tallest tree is a coast redwood in California, measuring more than 360 feet or 110 meters.
16. The world’s oldest trees are 4,600 year old Bristlecone pines in the USA.
17. Only 1% of the world’s water supply is usable, 97% are the oceans and 2% is frozen.
Comments ( Number of comments : 0 )
Back to Top